1. What is Impact Pathways West Midlands? ( http://www.ipwm.org.uk/ )
Impact Pathways is a ‘map’ of provision designed to help people who live and work in the West Midlands access support they might need.
It allows the public and professionals to search in their area for the resource, knowledge and expertise of statutory agencies such as the NHS, private companies, together with a whole range of charities and community groups who exist to offer services to support people.
The agencies are arranged by ‘pathways’ and postcode. The ‘pathways’ are based on a history of working to support people out of offending, but we recognise that the type of support offered – with alcohol issues, housing problems, to find a job and so on – are useful to a much broader range of people than those involved in crime. Because of this we wanted to offer these services on a broader platform, particularly one where it’s possible for people to access support without necessarily going via a GP, the Council or the Police.
The nine pathways are:
- Children and families
- Finance, benefit and debt
- Mental and physical health
- Attitudes, thinking and behaviour
- Education, training and employment
- Domestic abuse, sexual abuse and sex work
Are you here to access support?
If you are looking to access support for yourself or someone else please browse the site. You can search by postcode, pathway, and get the information back as a list of providers who will work with you or on a map. The agencies on this site contain information about how to access their services and often this is FREE, confidential and may even be a walk-in service.
If you have any queries or feedback please let us know by using our enquiry form here
Are you a provider of support services?
Working in partnership with Impact Pathways West Midlands helps assist in the overall aim of helping people to access support to improve their lives. Being linked to Impact Pathways West Midlands can also help your individual organisation in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness of the services you offer.
- Increased opportunities for successful funding bids.
- Increased opportunity to access new funding streams and ways of working.
- Gain support and advice of specialist workers on aligned sectors.
- Increased information sharing where appropriate.
If you are interested in signing up your agency for IPWM please use our enquiry form here
2. CAB ( https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ )
Introduction to the Citizens Advice service
We help people find a way forward
We can all face problems that seem complicated or intimidating. At Citizens Advice we believe no one should have to face these problems without good quality, independent advice.
That’s why we’re here: to give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem.